Robert Braathe will be teaching a night class at Hudson Valley Community College this summer on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6-750pm.
This HVCC course explores the dimensions of creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship by studying processes that challenge existing models and pave the way for original solutions to problems or opportunities in any field. The focus is in stimulating creative thinking to generate ideas that may be implemented in the form of a new business venture. Students are encouraged to dream and think boldly and to move beyond traditional solutions towards innovation. Innovation is the conversion of knowledge and ideas into a benefit, either for commercial use or for the public good. This course explores the role of innovation in creating new or improved products, processes, or services. Further, students will explore the entrepreneurial process of creating value through the application of creativity and innovation through the introduction of systematic ways to more effectively find creative solutions.
To register, visit the HVCC Registration Website
Course Info: Intro to Entrepreneurship – 42087 – ENTR 110 – 301 – Tuesday Thursday
6-750 PM – Brahan Hall 201 – May 19, 2014 – Aug 08, 2014
This course utilizes the Ice House Entrepreneurship Program, a program Robert Braathe is certified to teach through the Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative, a partner of the Kauffman Foundation.
Inspired by the life story of Pulitzer nominee Clifton Taulbert, the Ice House Entrepreneurship Program is a powerful learning program designed to educate and engage participants in the fundamental aspects of an entrepreneurial mindset and the unlimited opportunities it can provide.
Built for rigor and relevance, this highly interactive program enables participants to learn directly from the first-hand experience of successful, “unlikely” entrepreneurs. The overall objective is to empower learners by exposing them to entrepreneurial thinking while immersing them in real-world entrepreneurial experiences.
Those who complete this course will be able to:
- Develop critical thinking skills that will enable them to identify and evaluate opportunities, manage risks, and learn from the results.
- Understand the process that enables entrepreneurs with limited resources to transform an idea into a sustainable success.
- Understand and apply fundamental aspects of entrepreneurial thinking across disciplines and as a means of personal empowerment.
- Establish goals, identify resources, and determine the steps required to accomplish their goals.
- Identify and interact with local entrepreneurs within their own communities.