Braathe Enterprises is looking for virtual Blog Content Writers for its developing Virtual Project Blog which focuses on providing informational and educational resources for young professionals who are currently in college, as well as those who graduated within the last four years.
This is an exciting position that combines communication arts with integrated marketing communications. Blog content writers will receive information on content development, social media distribution and, search engine optimization as they produce content for the blog.
Writers will work with the editorial team to research and prepare blog posts (500-700 words) that are well-written and adhere to recommended search engine optimization (SEO) practices.
Blog writers are expected to be able to meet deadlines and produce 1-2 posts per month. Topic areas featured in the past include (but are not limited to): social media, public relations, marketing, fashion, finance, nonprofits, political science, law, internships, networking, careers, job search, professional development, education, and entrepreneurship.
This position is unpaid. All blog content writers receive LinkedIn Recommendations, Skill Endorsements, authorization to use articles in their personal portfolio, as well as the opportunity to apply for a position in the Braathe Enterprises Virtual Internship Program. All posts will feature a paragraph highlighting the author and a professional headshot.
- Pitching story concepts relevant to young professionals
- Writing two 500-700 word blog posts per month
- Finding, developing, and proofreading new ideas for web content
- Assuring web content meets SEO best practice guidelines
- Distributing blog content on popular social media websites, such as Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Digg, Reddit, and LinkedIn
- Current college student or recent graduate. (Preferred majors are business, communications, computer science and human resource but other majors are welcome to apply)
- Quality English skills with a focus on researching, editing, and writing engaging content
- Experience with HTML, WordPress blogs, internet marketing, search engine optimization (SEO) is a plus but can be taught
Interested in applying?
Email three (3) topic pitches to Yasheaka Oakley with the subject line “BE – Blog Contributor” or fill out the contact form below.
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’BE – Blog Contributor Application’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Topic of Interest’ type=’select’ required=’1′ options=’Business,Career Development,Public Relations / Marketing,College Life / Education,Political Science,Technology’/][contact-field label=’Tell us About Yourself’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
For more information about the Braathe Enterprises Virtual Internship Program, click here.
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)